On their FAQ forum, Remedy announced to the public that Alan Wake will be making its debut on the PC platform this February through Steam. They are currently tweaking the mechanics and polishing the textures to best fit the platform. The title will be fully integrated with the Steam platform, including Steam Cloud and acheivements. Remedy also went ahead and revealed the minimum PC Specs. required to run the title;
- OS: Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz, AMD Athlon X2 2.8GHz, or better
- RAM: 2 GB
- HDD: A minimum of 8 GB free space
Video Card: DirectX 10 compatible or later with 512MB RAM
- NVIDIA: GeForce 8600GT, 9500GT, GT120, GT430, GT520 or better
- AMD: ATI Radeon 3650, 4450, 5550, 6450 or better
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible
- Peripherals: Standard Mouse and keyboard, Xbox360 controller, Logitech and Razer controllers, and most USB controllers.
The proper release date is yet to be anounced, though we should expect a late February launch.